Archiv der Kategorie: Steglitz, Zehlendorf

Estação de Wannsee / Wannsee Station

Some cool bezirk steglitz images:

Estação de Wannsee / Wannsee Station
bezirk steglitz
Image by Marcio Cabral de Moura
Estação de S-Bahn de Wannsee.

Berlin-Wannsee station (in German Bahnhof Berlin-Wannsee) is a railway station opened in 1874 which lies in the Wannsee district of Berlin, the capital city of Germany. It is an important traffic junction in south-west Berlin that is served by the RegionalExpress and RegionalBahn trains of the Deutsche Bahn, the Harz-Berlin-Express of Veolia Verkehr and by the Berlin S-Bahn. In summer, Wannsee serves as the Berlin terminal for DB AutoZug car carrying trains to and from southern Europe.

S-Bahn line S1 terminates at Wannsee, and operates to and from central Berlin via the Nord-Süd-Tunnel. Line S7 passes through Wannsee on its route to Potsdam Hbf, and operates to and from central Berlin via the Stadtbahn. The two routes to central Berlin diverge by way a flying junction between Wannsee and Nikolassee stations.

The station entrance building lies to the north of the station, and is linked to the platforms by a subway. To the south of the entrance are two island platforms used by the S-Bahn services, and then a single longer island platform used by Deutsche Bahn and Veolia trains. The AutoZug terminal is to the south of the station.

Berlin ferry line F10 departs from a terminal some 200 metres (660 ft) from the station entrance, providing a crossing to Alt-Kladow on the other side of the Großer Wannsee lake.
Wikipedia

Der Bahnhof Berlin-Wannsee liegt im Berliner Ortsteil Wannsee in der Nähe des Großen Wannsees und ist ein wichtiger Verkehrsknotenpunkt. Er befindet sich im Südwesten Berlins im Bezirk Steglitz-Zehlendorf und liegt an einem Schnittpunkt der Wannseebahn und der Wetzlarer Bahn nahe der Havel und der Autobahn AVUS.

Nach Norden verzweigen sich die Strecken in Richtung Grunewald und Steglitz, in Richtung Süden nach Dessau und Potsdam.

Der Bahnhof ist in der Bahnhofskategorie 2 der DB Station&Service eingeordnet.
Wikipedia

Estação de Wannsee / Wannsee Station
bezirk steglitz
Image by Marcio Cabral de Moura
Estação de S-Bahn de Wannsee.

Berlin-Wannsee station (in German Bahnhof Berlin-Wannsee) is a railway station opened in 1874 which lies in the Wannsee district of Berlin, the capital city of Germany. It is an important traffic junction in south-west Berlin that is served by the RegionalExpress and RegionalBahn trains of the Deutsche Bahn, the Harz-Berlin-Express of Veolia Verkehr and by the Berlin S-Bahn. In summer, Wannsee serves as the Berlin terminal for DB AutoZug car carrying trains to and from southern Europe.

S-Bahn line S1 terminates at Wannsee, and operates to and from central Berlin via the Nord-Süd-Tunnel. Line S7 passes through Wannsee on its route to Potsdam Hbf, and operates to and from central Berlin via the Stadtbahn. The two routes to central Berlin diverge by way a flying junction between Wannsee and Nikolassee stations.

The station entrance building lies to the north of the station, and is linked to the platforms by a subway. To the south of the entrance are two island platforms used by the S-Bahn services, and then a single longer island platform used by Deutsche Bahn and Veolia trains. The AutoZug terminal is to the south of the station.

Berlin ferry line F10 departs from a terminal some 200 metres (660 ft) from the station entrance, providing a crossing to Alt-Kladow on the other side of the Großer Wannsee lake.
Wikipedia

Der Bahnhof Berlin-Wannsee liegt im Berliner Ortsteil Wannsee in der Nähe des Großen Wannsees und ist ein wichtiger Verkehrsknotenpunkt. Er befindet sich im Südwesten Berlins im Bezirk Steglitz-Zehlendorf und liegt an einem Schnittpunkt der Wannseebahn und der Wetzlarer Bahn nahe der Havel und der Autobahn AVUS.

Nach Norden verzweigen sich die Strecken in Richtung Grunewald und Steglitz, in Richtung Süden nach Dessau und Potsdam.

Der Bahnhof ist in der Bahnhofskategorie 2 der DB Station&Service eingeordnet.
Wikipedia

Familiengrab Lessing in Oberlahnstein

Some cool villa zehlendorf images:

Familiengrab Lessing in Oberlahnstein
villa zehlendorf
Image by onnola
Familiengrab Lessing, Alter Friedhof, Sebastianusstraße, Oberlahnstein, Rheinland-Pfalz

Schmetterlinge und Puppen als Symbol für Auferstehung und Transformation

Das Familiengrab wurde zwischen 1904 und 1915 auf dem mittlerweile aufgelassenen Alten Friedhof in Oberlahnstein errichtet und steht unter Denkmalschutz.

Begraben sind hier der Industrielle Anton Lessing (1840-1915), dessen Ehefrau Lydia de Cuyper (1848-1904), der gemeinsame Sohn Dr. Walter Lessing (1881-1967) und dessen Ehefrau Anneliese Sack (1896-1969).

Anton Lessing wurde als Sohn des Maurermeisters Samuel Lessing in Mühlhausen in Franken geboren und ging nach einer kaufmännischen Lehre nach Russland, wo er seit 1864 gemeinsam mit Gustav und Amand Struve begann, Unternehmen der Maschinenindustrie und des Hüttenwesens zu gründen. Diese Unternehmen beschäftigten um 1906 insgesamt ca. 40.000 Menschen und trugen wesentlich zur Industrialisierung Russlands bei.

1872 heiratete er in Frankfurt/ Main die Witwe des St. Petersburger Verlegers Jean Baptiste Victor Cappelmans, Lydia de Cuyper (geboren 1848 in Lüttich als Tochter des Professors Antoine de Cuyper). Er kaufte eine Villa in Oberlahnstein, wo die Familie (8 Kinder wurden geboren) fortan lebte.
Anton Lessing war ein großer Gönner der Stadt und spendete zu verschiedenen Anlässen zum Teil beachtliche Summen.

Seine Söhne Gottfried und Walter Lessing traten in die Fußstapfen des Vaters und übernahmen die Leitung der russischen Unternehmen. Mit Beginn des Ersten Weltkriegs wurden die deutschen Industriellen jedoch aus Russland ausgewiesen und konnten nach dem Krieg und der nachfolgenden Oktoberrevolution nicht wieder Fuß fassen.

Antons Sohn, der Hütteningenieur Gottfried Lessing (1877-1950) ging nach Berlin und errichtete am Schlachtensee die Villa Lessing.
Sein Sohn Gottfried Anton Nicolai Lessing (1914-1979) heiratete 1945 die Schriftstellerin Doris May Wisdom (geb. Tayler), die später als Doris Lessing weltberühmt wurde und 2007 den Literaturnobelpreis erhielt (die Ehe wurde 1949 geschieden).
Die Tochter Irene Olga Lydia Lessing (1912-2007) heiratete 1945 Klaus Gysi (1912-1999) und ist Mutter von Gabriele und Gregor Gysi.

Antons Sohn Walter Lessing (1881-1967) kehrte nach Oberlahnstein zurück und übernahm die Leitung der Firma Gauhe, Gockel & Cie. Fabrik für Hebevorrichtungen, Baumaschinen und Baugeräte mit eigener Eisengießerei. In der NS-Zeit musster er das Unternehmen verkaufen. Nach dem Krieg widmete er sich der Kommunalpolitik und wurde Stadtrat. 1961 wurde er zum Ehrenbürger von Oberlahnstein ernannt.

Family grave (erected between 1904 and 1915) of the industrialist Anton Lessing (1840-1915), his wive Lydia de Cuyper (1848-1904), their son Dr. Walter Lessing (1881-1967) and his wive Anneliese Sack (1896-1969) at Old Cemetary in Oberlahnstein (Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany).

Anton Lessing was born in Muehlhausen near Bamberg (Franconia) and became a merchant. He went to Russia where he founded several industrial companies, together with the engineers Gustav and Amand Struve. Lessing was one of the great Russian industrialists of his time. In 1906 nearly 40.000 people worked for his companies.

In 1872 Anton Lessing married Lydia de Cuyper (born in 1848 as daughter of the professor Antoine de Cuyper in Liège), the widow of Jean Baptiste Victor Cappelmans, owner and editor of the magazine "Journal de Saint-Pétersbourg". He bought a villa in Oberlahnstein, where the couple’s 8 children grew up.
Anton Lessing was a great patron of the city and donated at various occasions considerable sums.

The sons Gottfried and Walter followed their father and took over the management of the family business. When World War I started in 1914, the German industrialists were evicted from Russia and were never able to return.

Anton’s son Gottfried Lessing (1877-1950) went to Berlin where he erected the Villa Lessing at Schlachtensse (Berlin-Zehlendorf).
His son Gottfried Anton Nicolai Lessing (1914-1979) married the writer Doris May Wisdom (née Tayler), which later on became famous under the name of Doris Lessing, and won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 2007 (they were divorced in 1949).
Daughter Irene Olga Lydia Lessing (1912-2007) married Klaus Gysi (1912-1999) and is the mother of the German director Gabriele and of the lawyer and politician Gregor Gysi.

Anton’s son Walter Lessing (1881-1967) returned to the family home in Oberlahnstein and took over management of Gauhe, Gockel & Cie., an engineering company. After World War II he became City council in Oberlahnstein. In 1961 honorary citizenship was awarded by the city of Oberlahnstein.

Standesamt Zehlendorf
villa zehlendorf
Image by Schockwellenreiter
(Photo: Jörg Kantel)

Zehlendorf
villa zehlendorf
Image by frederik_rowing