Nice Villa Zehlendorf photos

Some cool villa zehlendorf images:

Familiengrab Lessing in Oberlahnstein
villa zehlendorf
Image by onnola
Familiengrab Lessing, Alter Friedhof, Sebastianusstraße, Oberlahnstein, Rheinland-Pfalz

Das Familiengrab wurde zwischen 1904 und 1915 auf dem mittlerweile aufgelassenen Alten Friedhof in Oberlahnstein errichtet und steht unter Denkmalschutz.

Begraben sind hier der Industrielle Anton Lessing (1840-1915), dessen Ehefrau Lydia de Cuyper (1848-1904), der gemeinsame Sohn Dr. Walter Lessing (1881-1967) und dessen Ehefrau Anneliese Sack (1896-1969).

Anton Lessing wurde als Sohn des Maurermeisters Samuel Lessing in Mühlhausen in Franken geboren und ging nach einer kaufmännischen Lehre nach Russland, wo er seit 1864 gemeinsam mit Gustav und Amand Struve begann, Unternehmen der Maschinenindustrie und des Hüttenwesens zu gründen. Diese Unternehmen beschäftigten um 1906 insgesamt ca. 40.000 Menschen und trugen wesentlich zur Industrialisierung Russlands bei.

1872 heiratete er in Frankfurt/ Main die Witwe des St. Petersburger Verlegers Jean Baptiste Victor Cappelmans, Lydia de Cuyper (geboren 1848 in Lüttich als Tochter des Professors Antoine de Cuyper). Er kaufte eine Villa in Oberlahnstein, wo die Familie (8 Kinder wurden geboren) fortan lebte.
Anton Lessing war ein großer Gönner der Stadt und spendete zu verschiedenen Anlässen zum Teil beachtliche Summen.

Seine Söhne Gottfried und Walter Lessing traten in die Fußstapfen des Vaters und übernahmen die Leitung der russischen Unternehmen. Mit Beginn des Ersten Weltkriegs wurden die deutschen Industriellen jedoch aus Russland ausgewiesen und konnten nach dem Krieg und der nachfolgenden Oktoberrevolution nicht wieder Fuß fassen.

Antons Sohn, der Hütteningenieur Gottfried Lessing (1877-1950) ging nach Berlin und errichtete am Schlachtensee die Villa Lessing.
Sein Sohn Gottfried Anton Nicolai Lessing (1914-1979) heiratete 1945 die Schriftstellerin Doris May Wisdom (geb. Tayler), die später als Doris Lessing weltberühmt wurde und 2007 den Literaturnobelpreis erhielt (die Ehe wurde 1949 geschieden).
Die Tochter Irene Olga Lydia Lessing (1912-2007) heiratete 1945 Klaus Gysi (1912-1999) und ist Mutter von Gabriele und Gregor Gysi.

Antons Sohn Walter Lessing (1881-1967) kehrte nach Oberlahnstein zurück und übernahm die Leitung der Firma Gauhe, Gockel & Cie. Fabrik für Hebevorrichtungen, Baumaschinen und Baugeräte mit eigener Eisengießerei. In der NS-Zeit musster er das Unternehmen verkaufen. Nach dem Krieg widmete er sich der Kommunalpolitik und wurde Stadtrat. 1961 wurde er zum Ehrenbürger von Oberlahnstein ernannt.

Family grave (erected between 1904 and 1915) of the industrialist Anton Lessing (1840-1915), his wive Lydia de Cuyper (1848-1904), their son Dr. Walter Lessing (1881-1967) and his wive Anneliese Sack (1896-1969) at Old Cemetary in Oberlahnstein (Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany).

Anton Lessing was born in Muehlhausen near Bamberg (Franconia) and became a merchant. He went to Russia where he founded several industrial companies, together with the engineers Gustav and Amand Struve. Lessing was one of the great Russian industrialists of his time. In 1906 nearly 40.000 people worked for his companies.

In 1872 Anton Lessing married Lydia de Cuyper (born in 1848 as daughter of the professor Antoine de Cuyper in Liège), the widow of Jean Baptiste Victor Cappelmans, owner and editor of the magazine "Journal de Saint-Pétersbourg". He bought a villa in Oberlahnstein, where the couple’s 8 children grew up.
Anton Lessing was a great patron of the city and donated at various occasions considerable sums.

The sons Gottfried and Walter followed their father and took over the management of the family business. When World War I started in 1914, the German industrialists were evicted from Russia and were never able to return.

Anton’s son Gottfried Lessing (1877-1950) went to Berlin where he erected the Villa Lessing at Schlachtensse (Berlin-Zehlendorf).
His son Gottfried Anton Nicolai Lessing (1914-1979) married the writer Doris May Wisdom (née Tayler), which later on became famous under the name of Doris Lessing, and won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 2007 (they were divorced in 1949).
Daughter Irene Olga Lydia Lessing (1912-2007) married Klaus Gysi (1912-1999) and is the mother of the German director Gabriele and of the lawyer and politician Gregor Gysi.

Anton’s son Walter Lessing (1881-1967) returned to the family home in Oberlahnstein and took over management of Gauhe, Gockel & Cie., an engineering company. After World War II he became City council in Oberlahnstein. In 1961 honorary citizenship was awarded by the city of Oberlahnstein.

Familiengrab Lessing in Oberlahnstein
villa zehlendorf
Image by onnola
Familiengrab Lessing, Alter Friedhof, Sebastianusstraße, Oberlahnstein, Rheinland-Pfalz

Das Familiengrab wurde zwischen 1904 und 1915 auf dem mittlerweile aufgelassenen Alten Friedhof in Oberlahnstein errichtet und steht unter Denkmalschutz.

Begraben sind hier der Industrielle Anton Lessing (1840-1915), dessen Ehefrau Lydia de Cuyper (1848-1904), der gemeinsame Sohn Dr. Walter Lessing (1881-1967) und dessen Ehefrau Anneliese Sack (1896-1969).

Anton Lessing wurde als Sohn des Maurermeisters Samuel Lessing in Mühlhausen in Franken geboren und ging nach einer kaufmännischen Lehre nach Russland, wo er seit 1864 gemeinsam mit Gustav und Amand Struve begann, Unternehmen der Maschinenindustrie und des Hüttenwesens zu gründen. Diese Unternehmen beschäftigten um 1906 insgesamt ca. 40.000 Menschen und trugen wesentlich zur Industrialisierung Russlands bei.

1872 heiratete er in Frankfurt/ Main die Witwe des St. Petersburger Verlegers Jean Baptiste Victor Cappelmans, Lydia de Cuyper (geboren 1848 in Lüttich als Tochter des Professors Antoine de Cuyper). Er kaufte eine Villa in Oberlahnstein, wo die Familie (8 Kinder wurden geboren) fortan lebte.
Anton Lessing war ein großer Gönner der Stadt und spendete zu verschiedenen Anlässen zum Teil beachtliche Summen.

Seine Söhne Gottfried und Walter Lessing traten in die Fußstapfen des Vaters und übernahmen die Leitung der russischen Unternehmen. Mit Beginn des Ersten Weltkriegs wurden die deutschen Industriellen jedoch aus Russland ausgewiesen und konnten nach dem Krieg und der nachfolgenden Oktoberrevolution nicht wieder Fuß fassen.

Antons Sohn, der Hütteningenieur Gottfried Lessing (1877-1950) ging nach Berlin und errichtete am Schlachtensee die Villa Lessing.
Sein Sohn Gottfried Anton Nicolai Lessing (1914-1979) heiratete 1945 die Schriftstellerin Doris May Wisdom (geb. Tayler), die später als Doris Lessing weltberühmt wurde und 2007 den Literaturnobelpreis erhielt (die Ehe wurde 1949 geschieden).
Die Tochter Irene Olga Lydia Lessing (1912-2007) heiratete 1945 Klaus Gysi (1912-1999) und ist Mutter von Gabriele und Gregor Gysi.

Antons Sohn Walter Lessing (1881-1967) kehrte nach Oberlahnstein zurück und übernahm die Leitung der Firma Gauhe, Gockel & Cie. Fabrik für Hebevorrichtungen, Baumaschinen und Baugeräte mit eigener Eisengießerei. In der NS-Zeit musster er das Unternehmen verkaufen. Nach dem Krieg widmete er sich der Kommunalpolitik und wurde Stadtrat. 1961 wurde er zum Ehrenbürger von Oberlahnstein ernannt.

Family grave (erected between 1904 and 1915) of the industrialist Anton Lessing (1840-1915), his wive Lydia de Cuyper (1848-1904), their son Dr. Walter Lessing (1881-1967) and his wive Anneliese Sack (1896-1969) at Old Cemetary in Oberlahnstein (Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany).

Anton Lessing was born in Muehlhausen near Bamberg (Franconia) and became a merchant. He went to Russia where he founded several industrial companies, together with the engineers Gustav and Amand Struve. Lessing was one of the great Russian industrialists of his time. In 1906 nearly 40.000 people worked for his companies.

In 1872 Anton Lessing married Lydia de Cuyper (born in 1848 as daughter of the professor Antoine de Cuyper in Liège), the widow of Jean Baptiste Victor Cappelmans, owner and editor of the magazine "Journal de Saint-Pétersbourg". He bought a villa in Oberlahnstein, where the couple’s 8 children grew up.
Anton Lessing was a great patron of the city and donated at various occasions considerable sums.

The sons Gottfried and Walter followed their father and took over the management of the family business. When World War I started in 1914, the German industrialists were evicted from Russia and were never able to return.

Anton’s son Gottfried Lessing (1877-1950) went to Berlin where he erected the Villa Lessing at Schlachtensse (Berlin-Zehlendorf).
His son Gottfried Anton Nicolai Lessing (1914-1979) married the writer Doris May Wisdom (née Tayler), which later on became famous under the name of Doris Lessing, and won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 2007 (they were divorced in 1949).
Daughter Irene Olga Lydia Lessing (1912-2007) married Klaus Gysi (1912-1999) and is the mother of the German director Gabriele and of the lawyer and politician Gregor Gysi.

Anton’s son Walter Lessing (1881-1967) returned to the family home in Oberlahnstein and took over management of Gauhe, Gockel & Cie., an engineering company. After World War II he became City council in Oberlahnstein. In 1961 honorary citizenship was awarded by the city of Oberlahnstein.

Familiengrab Lessing in Oberlahnstein
villa zehlendorf
Image by onnola
Familiengrab Lessing, Alter Friedhof, Sebastianusstraße, Oberlahnstein, Rheinland-Pfalz

Das Familiengrab wurde zwischen 1904 und 1915 auf dem mittlerweile aufgelassenen Alten Friedhof in Oberlahnstein errichtet und steht unter Denkmalschutz.

Begraben sind hier der Industrielle Anton Lessing (1840-1915), dessen Ehefrau Lydia de Cuyper (1848-1904), der gemeinsame Sohn Dr. Walter Lessing (1881-1967) und dessen Ehefrau Anneliese Sack (1896-1969).

Anton Lessing wurde als Sohn des Maurermeisters Samuel Lessing in Mühlhausen in Franken geboren und ging nach einer kaufmännischen Lehre nach Russland, wo er seit 1864 gemeinsam mit Gustav und Amand Struve begann, Unternehmen der Maschinenindustrie und des Hüttenwesens zu gründen. Diese Unternehmen beschäftigten um 1906 insgesamt ca. 40.000 Menschen und trugen wesentlich zur Industrialisierung Russlands bei.

1872 heiratete er in Frankfurt/ Main die Witwe des St. Petersburger Verlegers Jean Baptiste Victor Cappelmans, Lydia de Cuyper (geboren 1848 in Lüttich als Tochter des Professors Antoine de Cuyper). Er kaufte eine Villa in Oberlahnstein, wo die Familie (8 Kinder wurden geboren) fortan lebte.
Anton Lessing war ein großer Gönner der Stadt und spendete zu verschiedenen Anlässen zum Teil beachtliche Summen.

Seine Söhne Gottfried und Walter Lessing traten in die Fußstapfen des Vaters und übernahmen die Leitung der russischen Unternehmen. Mit Beginn des Ersten Weltkriegs wurden die deutschen Industriellen jedoch aus Russland ausgewiesen und konnten nach dem Krieg und der nachfolgenden Oktoberrevolution nicht wieder Fuß fassen.

Antons Sohn, der Hütteningenieur Gottfried Lessing (1877-1950) ging nach Berlin und errichtete am Schlachtensee die Villa Lessing.
Sein Sohn Gottfried Anton Nicolai Lessing (1914-1979) heiratete 1945 die Schriftstellerin Doris May Wisdom (geb. Tayler), die später als Doris Lessing weltberühmt wurde und 2007 den Literaturnobelpreis erhielt (die Ehe wurde 1949 geschieden).
Die Tochter Irene Olga Lydia Lessing (1912-2007) heiratete 1945 Klaus Gysi (1912-1999) und ist Mutter von Gabriele und Gregor Gysi.

Antons Sohn Walter Lessing (1881-1967) kehrte nach Oberlahnstein zurück und übernahm die Leitung der Firma Gauhe, Gockel & Cie. Fabrik für Hebevorrichtungen, Baumaschinen und Baugeräte mit eigener Eisengießerei. In der NS-Zeit musster er das Unternehmen verkaufen. Nach dem Krieg widmete er sich der Kommunalpolitik und wurde Stadtrat. 1961 wurde er zum Ehrenbürger von Oberlahnstein ernannt.

Family grave (erected between 1904 and 1915) of the industrialist Anton Lessing (1840-1915), his wive Lydia de Cuyper (1848-1904), their son Dr. Walter Lessing (1881-1967) and his wive Anneliese Sack (1896-1969) at Old Cemetary in Oberlahnstein (Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany).

Anton Lessing was born in Muehlhausen near Bamberg (Franconia) and became a merchant. He went to Russia where he founded several industrial companies, together with the engineers Gustav and Amand Struve. Lessing was one of the great Russian industrialists of his time. In 1906 nearly 40.000 people worked for his companies.

In 1872 Anton Lessing married Lydia de Cuyper (born in 1848 as daughter of the professor Antoine de Cuyper in Liège), the widow of Jean Baptiste Victor Cappelmans, owner and editor of the magazine "Journal de Saint-Pétersbourg". He bought a villa in Oberlahnstein, where the couple’s 8 children grew up.
Anton Lessing was a great patron of the city and donated at various occasions considerable sums.

The sons Gottfried and Walter followed their father and took over the management of the family business. When World War I started in 1914, the German industrialists were evicted from Russia and were never able to return.

Anton’s son Gottfried Lessing (1877-1950) went to Berlin where he erected the Villa Lessing at Schlachtensse (Berlin-Zehlendorf).
His son Gottfried Anton Nicolai Lessing (1914-1979) married the writer Doris May Wisdom (née Tayler), which later on became famous under the name of Doris Lessing, and won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 2007 (they were divorced in 1949).
Daughter Irene Olga Lydia Lessing (1912-2007) married Klaus Gysi (1912-1999) and is the mother of the German director Gabriele and of the lawyer and politician Gregor Gysi.

Anton’s son Walter Lessing (1881-1967) returned to the family home in Oberlahnstein and took over management of Gauhe, Gockel & Cie., an engineering company. After World War II he became City council in Oberlahnstein. In 1961 honorary citizenship was awarded by the city of Oberlahnstein.

Bahnhof Potzdamer Platz

Check out these besuchen berlin images:

Bahnhof Potzdamer Platz
besuchen berlin
Image by Wolfgang Staudt
Get here a large view!

Der Potsdamer Platz ist ein Verkehrsknoten im Berliner Ortsteil Tiergarten im Bezirk Mitte zwischen der alten Innenstadt im Osten und dem neuen Berliner Westen. Er schließt sich westlich an den Leipziger Platz an und liegt an der Stelle des ehemaligen Potsdamer Stadttors vor der Akzisemauer.

Bis zum Zweiten Weltkrieg war der noch als Platz zu erlebende Ort ein beliebter Treffpunkt der politischen, sozialen und künstlerischen Szene Berlins.

Das nach 1990 auf dem alten Stadtgrundriss größtenteils neu bebaute Terrain zählt zu den markantesten Orten der Stadt und wird von zahlreichen Touristen besucht.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Festival of Lights 2014
besuchen berlin
Image by Gertrud K.
Die Wächter der Zeit in den Ministergärten
Skulpturen des Lichtkünstlers Manfred Kielnhofer

Die Wächter der Zeit, mystische Skulpturen, die seit vielen Jahren durch Museen und Ausstellungen auf der Welt unterwegs sind, besuchten zum FESTIVAL OF LIGHTS Berlin.

Tanz der Ahnen
besuchen berlin
Image by Gertrud K.
Kunst vom Sepik in Papua-Neuguinea, Ausstellung im Martin-Gropius-Bau noch bis 14. Juni 2015.

Ich habe die Ausstellung gestern besucht. Ich finde sie sehr gut und kann sie empfehlen.

Achtung: Fotografieren ist in der Ausstellung verboten und die nehmen das wirklich ernst! Deshalb sind die Bilder, die ich heimlich gemacht habe auch nur für Freunde sichtbar.

Nice Berlin Wilmersdorf Restaurant photos

A few nice berlin wilmersdorf restaurant images I found:

Berlin, Germany, Funkturm mit Springbrunnen, Radio Tower
berlin wilmersdorf restaurant
Image by photolibrarian
Photo dates from the 1960s.

The Berliner Funkturm or Funkturm Berlin (Radio Tower Berlin) is a transmitting tower in Berlin, built between 1924 and 1926 by Heinrich Straumer. It is nicknamed "der lange Lulatsch" ("the lanky lad") and is one of the best-known points of interest in the city of Berlin. It stands in the Berlin trade fair ground in the Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf borough. On September 3, 1926, the radio tower was inaugurated on the occasion of the 3. Große Deutsche Funkausstellung (Great German Radio Exhibition). The tower is now a protected monument.

The tower is built as one large steel framework construction, similar to the Eiffel Tower in Paris. The 150 m high and approximately 600 metric ton radio tower was originally planned strictly as a transmitting tower, but later additions included a restaurant at a height of approximately 52 m, and observation deck at a height of approximately 125 m. Visitors reach the restaurant and the observation deck by an elevator which travels up to 6 meters per second.

The radio tower has two very notable structural characteristics. First, it sits on a square surface area merely 20 meters to a side. Its ratio of surface area to height is 1:6.9. For comparison, the Eiffel Tower sits on a square 129 meters to a side, giving surface-area-to-height ratio of 1:2.3. Second, the radio tower is probably the only observation tower in the world standing on porcelain insulators. It was designed as the support tower for a T-antenna for medium wave, and the insulators were intended to prevent the drain of the transmitting power down through the tower itself. However, this was impractical, because visitors would have been vulnerable to massive electric shocks, so the tower was later grounded via its elevator shaft. The insulators used were manufactured in the Koeniglich Preussische Porzellanmanufaktur (Royal Prussian Porcelain Factory).

On March 22, 1935, the first regular television program in the world was broadcast from an aerial on the top of the tower. Since 1962, the tower is no longer used for TV transmissions. Since 1973, the radio tower no longer serves as a regular transmission tower for broadcasting purposes, but it is still used as relay station for amateur radio, police radio, and mobile phone services. The last complete renovation took place in the year 1987 in honor of the 750th anniversary of the founding of Berlin.

Funkturm Berlin
berlin wilmersdorf restaurant
Image by Hagens_world
The Berliner Funkturm or Funkturm Berlin (Radio Tower Berlin) is a transmitting tower in Berlin, built between 1924 and 1926 by Heinrich Straumer. It is nicknamed "der lange Lulatsch" ("the lanky lad") and is one of the best-known points of interest in the city of Berlin. It stands in the Berlin trade fair ground in the Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf borough. On September 3, 1926, the radio tower was inaugurated on the occasion of the 3. Große Deutsche Funkausstellung (Great German Radio Exhibition). The tower is now a protected monument.

The tower is built as one large steel framework construction, similar to the Eiffel Tower in Paris. The 150 m high and approximately 600 metric ton radio tower was originally planned strictly as a transmitting tower, but later additions included a restaurant at a height of approximately 52 m, and observation deck at a height of approximately 125 m. Visitors reach the restaurant and the observation deck by an elevator which travels up to 6 meters per second.

>>Photos for Sale – just contact me<<

Follow me on FACEBOOK

Berlin Nachrichten News Wirtschaft Politik, Immobilien, Kultur aus Berlin